Welcome to Implementing Student Media Projects! You’re here because you’re thinking about implementing a media project with your students. But maybe you’re not sure what type of media you want your students to produce, where it best fits within your content area or how much time it might take. No worries - we got you!
Why take this course?
- You want your students to create media in your class, but would like to understand the steps of planning a project for them
- You want resources, examples and ideas on media projects from KQED experts and fellow educators
- You want to get hands-on and create a unit or project plan for your classroom that you can use as soon as you complete this course
- You want feedback from media literacy experts (your instructors!) on the media project plan you create
- You’re interested in earning the Implementing Media Projects micro-credential!
More About This Course
This course is divided into lessons that are a combination of text, images, videos and other interactive elements. You’ll finish up the course by putting together all of your learning in a final assignment: a lesson or unit plan for your student-made media project.
Course instructors will provide feedback on your assignment designed to help you improve your practice. Our recommendations will align with the requirements for PBS media literacy certification, which you will learn more about toward the end of the course. In addition, you can see and comment on the submissions of other educators, which many course participants have found helpful.
You can go through the course at whatever pace makes sense for you, and review anything afterwards that you might have missed. In order to receive a certificate of completion, you will need to complete all the assignments and finish the course within four weeks of starting it. If you don’t finish in time, no worries, you can always re-enroll.
Before you jump into the course, we want to remind you to OPT-IN to receive email from us so that we (your instructors!) can communicate updates to the courses and feedback on the coursework you submit. Please follow the instructions here to make sure that these settings are enabled and toggled ON.